Sunday, November 06, 2005

Sunday, November 6th.

Well, it looks like the snow is here to stay! Today we went for our walk by the beach, and quite enjoyed the crisp winter air, no wind and not that cold yet.
With the change of time it gets dark at four pm, so now we have long winter nights for lots of activities. Ricardo has been giving Karate lessons twice a week, and he plans on teaching English as a Second Language to Adults as of next week.
I keep quite busy with work, and I'm also taking an online course through Brock University (where I did my masters) on Special Education. As I am responsible for the implementation of this program, I thought it very necessary.

Last week was very enjoyable, as the halloween activities took over. We had a movie and candy tosses at school, and then in the evening hosted 78 visitors in search of a trick or a treat. Some of the characters were clowns, old hags, lady bugs, ghouls, trees, monsters, wretched old men, extra-terrestrials, witches, devils, ghosts, vampires, jedi (trekkies beware), ogres, elephants, cows, pumpkins, tigers etc....

With the issue of the contaminated water found in one of the reserves up here, the news has brought more attention, and I was interviewed by a Toronto Star Reporter by phone, on Thursday. I've not checked to see if it's posted on the www.

This month is family birthdays galore, Ignacio (our nephew) turned 14 on the 4th; Dad turns 90 on Monday, Alex turns 28 on Wednesday.....Happy Birthday to all!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home